Friday, May 17, 2013

Where did a Week Go?

Some day man will travel at the speed of light, of small interest to those of us still trying to catch up to the speed of time. 
Robert Brault

Am I the only one who believes time passes quicker than it used to?  I think not.  My sister said recently that as we get older, each new decade passes faster than the one before.  So, "Hang On tight," she warned ---it only gets faster from here.  Part of me looks at the future with dread.  Inside me there is an ol' worry wart bemoaning the fact that I have so much to do and so little time to do it. But sharing my inner real estate is also a playful child that just wants to stick her head out the open car window as it speeds down the road of life and joyfully exclaim, "Wheeee!" 

 I think I need to listen to her more.

wheeee!

I have a really full weekend ahead.   I could spend the next few days hiding out at the ol' farmhouse perfecting my couch potato-ness. Just plop myself down on the sofa with a bowl of chips and dip and lose myself in some mindless  TV and shrug off all social commitments.  Been there, done that and have the oversized Tshirt and stretchy fat girl pants to prove it.  No, I think I will take a clue from the wee one within and see all the possibilities for wonder the weekend promises --- from my monthly gathering of  my writing group (these people always make me eager to put my words and thoughts on paper) to a Tea Party at the local library where yours truly has been asked to speak and share a story I've written ( Pinch me!  I am going to be introduced as a "local writer"  --- who'd of ever thunk?!) 

Yes, I choose to see this weekend as a definite "wheeeeeekend" :). Might I suggest you do the same?

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
Winston Churchill

No comments: