Friday, May 10, 2013

just perfect

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.
Mildred B. Vermont


(Per their request) I gave my chicklets a list of what I would like for Mother's Day this year.  Absent from that list is one thing I would love --- a week away from the duties of motherhood.  Oh to find myself with hours to do nothing but what I wanted to do.  No whining or constant bickering.  No sticky messes or dirty clothes demanding my immediate attention.  No needing to get Child A here or pick up Child B there.  No dinners to cook.  Yes, that would be a pretty near perfect Mother's Day gift.

Instead I will probably get a handmade card --- with G's and O's scribbled all over it because that happens to be all the Little Prince likes to write right now.  I might get a nice bottle of sweet smelling lotion and a foot massage from the Munchkin because she loves to pamper me this way.  Boy Wonder may wash the dishes with only one reminder instead of the usual three and may even offer to make me a nice cheesy omelet.  There will be lots of messy kisses and warm hugs.  Too many "I Love You, Mama"s to count and in the end it will be a perfect Mother's Day --- just perfect.

happy mother's day!
from the spotted hen

No comments: