Thursday, October 18, 2012

a reminder

I recently read this quote and felt was just the gentle reminder I needed today.  

 
"Sometimes when we get overwhelmed, we forget how big God is."
 
The story behind the picture:   I took this picture (with my phone) the day before my father passed away.  It was a sunny evening --- no rain had fallen or was falling.  We had spent the day at the hospital and knew that very soon God would be taking my father home to heaven.  As we arrived home from the hospital this rainbow (actually a double rainbow but it doesn't show up well) appeared right by my house. I have never seen a rainbow as bright as this.   My mother and I can't help but feel it was a gift from God reminding us of His love for us and letting us know we were not facing our troubles alone. 

No comments: