Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blah! Blah! Blah!

I'm feeling kinda blah today.

I could blame it on the weather ... 90 plus degrees according to the ol' thermometer on the back porch. Couple scorching temps with window air conditioners that just can't quite keep up with the heat inside the farmhouse and it is just too hot to do much of anything.

I could blame it on exhaustion. My care-taking duties have me rising with the rooster and settling down for the night long after the 11 o'clock news. The Geek has been battling some congestion, so even when I do finally fall into bed it's hard to get a good nights sleep with his foghorn-esque snores.


Truthfully, it's probably a bit of both.    I'm just thankful I have this cute mug to look at. Those baby blue eyes and that heart melting smile are just what this tired ol' Mama Hen needs. They are without a doubt a sweet cure for the summertime blahs!

No comments: