Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spinning Plates

It's a crazy, "spinning plates in the air" kinda week around here.  It's that time of year when everything seems to happen all at once (kinda like the December/Christmas rush) .  We've got oodles of Easter activities, choir practice and concert, and 4H events.  Add to that, home improvement projects and the Geek's heavy workload and there's hardly a moment's rest to be found. 

As crazy as it is, I kinda like it though.  It makes the days go by fast and when you are chasing a nearly two year old around from dawn 'til dusk ... sometimes it's nice that bedtime gets here so quickly.  I know I'll miss these days when they are past so I am doing my best to just hang on tight and enjoy the wild and crazy ride.

This photo isn't the greatest --- trying to get three chicklets looking at the camera at the same time is a nearly impossible task.  At least you can see them in their Easter "finery".  I had grandiose plans to sew The Munchkin a new dress and make Boy Wonder and the Little Prince matching ties, but alas that didn't come to fruition.  I didn't even get them new outfits, much to their dismay.  Boy Wonder and the Little Prince seem to grow up a size every month and The Munchkin had a perfectly good dress, hat and gloves ... I really couldn't see the point in buying something right now. 

Despite the clothing hitch, we had a wonderful Easter.  We were able to share the day with my brother-in-law who swears he loves being around all of our craziness.  We certainly love sharing our lives with him.  It's still so weird not to have my sister here.  It's especially hard as we "hit" all of these "firsts" without her.  I mean I knew I would miss her, but I never realized how physically painful my grief would be.

Well, I hope y'all had a Blessed Easter! I'll try to check back in again this week, but no promises ... it's a pretty jam packed one!

No comments: