Monday, October 7, 2013

I Still Do

It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
Friedrich Nietzsche

 
24 years ago I married my best friend.  It's a good thing too 'cuz when my husband gets on my last nerve I can laugh about it with my best friend.  And when I border on being to much of a nag, my best friend can crack a joke and make me realize an attitude adjustment might be in order.  Oh, even best friends fight from time to time, but in the end friendship wins. We often joke that only one of us is getting out of this alive, so we might as well find the humor in it all.

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
Mignon McLaughlin
 
I always thought it was borderline cheesy to say  things like "I love you more today than yesterday" but I must admit, cheesy or not, there is a lot of truth to it.  Going through 24 years of life's ups and downs with the Geek right by my side has been nothing short of a blessing.  A blessing I am thankful for today and as long as God lets me be.
 
Happy Anniversary Bubbaganoosh!
You're my best!

No comments: